On-Duty Police Injuries
Massachusetts State & Local Police Injury Attorneys
Police officers face a high degree of risk every single day, from gun violence to police cruiser accidents. Police officers who are hurt on the job will not only likely lose income from being unable to working long extra hours on details and overtime shifts, but there’s a chance they may not be able to return to work at all. Whether it is an injury which keeps you out of work for a period of time, a career-ending injury or fatal injury, you and your family members are put through many straining financial and emotional challenges. You and your family deserve to be compensated.
Since 1988, the Massachusetts police injury attorneys at BallinLaw have helped thousands of injured Massachusetts police officers get the compensation they deserved after suffering an injury while on duty caused by a third party person or company. As the trusted law firm for Massachusetts injured police officers, we are proud to be the most qualified, experienced, and reputable police injury law firm in the Commonwealth.
Rest assured, we have handled every type of police injury case, honing and applying proven, effective strategies to successfully resolve our clients’ cases in a timely manner. Our compassionate, experienced and skilled yet aggressive attorneys will do all they can to zealously secure a favorable result for the men and women who defend our communities.
Are you a Massachusetts police officer or Trooper injured in the line of duty? Has your loved one been injured or killed while on the job? Call BallinLaw for a free, no-obligation consultation today at 800-245-2052.
We don’t get paid unless YOU win!
Compensation Injured Massachusetts Police Need and Deserve
Chapter 41 and most other statutory injury on duty benefits only provide payment of related medical expenses and base wages. But injured Massachusetts police officers and Troopers suffer other losses which need to be compensated. Our experienced Massachusetts police injury lawyers routinely seek compensation for the following:
- Lost income from detail and overtime shifts
- Future projected lost income
- Income lost while working light duty
- Past, present and future pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of career
- Continuing disability
- The injured officer’s spouse’s stress and suffering
An Injured Officer's Advice
Common On-Duty Police Injuries
Because policy injury law is such a highly-specialized branch of personal injury law, you need to partner with a Massachusetts police injury law firm that can bring the right legal knowledge, experience and skill to the table. We bring a targeted focus to a variety of police officer accident and injury work claims throughout Massachusetts.
We represent injured Massachusetts police officers as well as Massachusetts State Troopers, firefighters, other public safety personnel and their families for injuries resulting from the following:
- Road detail crashes
- Dump trucks, excavators, backhoes, and skid steers
- Police cruiser and other motor vehicle accidents
- Police motorcycle accidents
- Traffic direction
- Stolen motor vehicle pursuits
- People who resist arrest
- Domestic call struggles
- Protective custody
- Foot pursuits
- Dog bites and other animal attacks
- Slip and fall accidents
- Snow and ice accidents
- Emergency rescues
- Fires and explosions
- Exposure to harmful substances
- Wrongful death
As a result of these encounters, many police officers can sustain the following short- and long-term injuries that may require time out of work and rehabilitation:
- Sprains and strains: tendons, ligaments, muscles, joints
- Neck, back, shoulder and knee injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Nerve damage involving discs, sciatic and ulnar nerves
- Soreness and pain
- Bruises and contusions
- Cuts, punctures, lacerations
- Chemical burns
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Aggravation of prior injuries
Massachusetts police officers injured in a cruiser crash
The most common non-fatal accidents among police officers involve motor vehicle crashes, heavy equipment on road details, assaults, falls, and resisting arrest. We have seen it all and have helped our clients secure compensation to help them and their families face the extreme financial hardships that come with such injuries.
We Protect Your Rights
Attorney For police Officers In Massachusetts
Our goal is to collect as much money as possible for Massachusetts police officers and State Troopers injured while on duty and minimize the financial impact on their families. We also make it a point to ease tensions between the client and the department, if any, and to help the employee return to full duty as quickly as possible. At times, we connect injured officers with respected medical specialists to treat their injuries.
Some officers are of the opinion that they can't make a claim against a responsible third party who causes their injury. This is not the case. In Massachusetts, it is the right of every individual, no matter what his or her occupation, to be compensated for an injury caused by another. We believe this should and must apply to public safety employees hurt on duty. And that is what the law provides. To learn more about your rights, the law and how these claims are made, view our free recorded webinar: Police Injured On Duty: Learn Your Rights To Make Personal Injury Claims.
We also invite you to view our blogs for more helpful information.
Why Police Officers Choose Steven Ballin and His Team at BallinLaw?
- Nine cases successfully resolved for Massachusetts injured officers between $1 million and $6 million.
- Lectured to more than 50 police organizations and departments for more than 25 years, including the Massachusetts Police Association, Massachusetts Coalition of Police, Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association, Massachusetts Association of Women in Law Enforcement, and Massachusetts Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators.
- Represented injured Massachusetts police officers since 1988 in more than 200 police departments
- Written a column on police injury law for the Massachusetts Police Association’s Sentinel magazine for more than 25 years.
- Certified as an instructor in police injury law by the Municipal Police Training Committee
- Rated as a Super Lawyer in Massachusetts, a distinction reserved for no more than five percent of attorneys in Massachusetts.
Contact Our Experienced Massachusetts Police Officer Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured serving in the line of duty, your first call should be to one of our experienced attorneys who can protect your rights and work hard to obtain the maximum compensation amount possible.
At BallinLaw, our Massachusetts police injury attorneys can represent police officers and other members of law enforcement, Massachusetts State Troopers and firefighters in cases ranging from crashes to assaults. To obtain a free, no-obligation consultation, call us today at 800-245-2052.